Monday, November 18, 2013

culpa

culpa

you sang to fill me with sleep
                at your table, i drank your brew
thanking you not
               that you ever questioned
               and set aside so,
did you think it not
your place? at the window we shared
      the splinters of the frame
(you) in my hair
                          (i) in your back
the moonstruck
                          out your eyes dimming with the mists
you kissed my neck and I touched your
       faith mis-
       placed in the engraving is
                  permanent that
would survive this blinking
           habit of hours
                     in proving you a fool
i, myself, a thief
   with a vacuum
                           between had no recourse to
                   voice or         breath ending
there

No comments:

Post a Comment